Child Dental Treatment
Child Dental Treatment Clinic Pune
To make your child’s first trip to the dentist pleasant, here are few tips to follow:
1. Acquaint your child with the dentist and his office before the day of the examination. Taking him to the dentist’s office a day before the appointment will enable him to feel at ease with the place and the people around.
2. Proper scheduling of your child’s dental appointment is critical. A morning schedule is believed to be the best time since the child at this point is still full of energy and well rested. There will be less interference with the examination during this time since it is out of the way of meals and naps which are the usual activities of a child.
3. Treat the visit as a new exciting activity by explaining to the child that the dentist is a friend whose main concern is to make him stay healthy by making his teeth strong, beautiful and brilliant.
4. Properly explain to your child the dental examination by using positive language. Be aware that you might unintentionally pass unto your child the anxiety that you may have with your own dental exams. It is important that the child will not feel anxious about the procedure merely because he senses that anxiety from the way you communicate with him.
5. A child’s misbehavior should not be threatened by a visit to the dentist. Never threaten a child who is misbehaving with “stop or you are going to see the dentist” line. This will only heighten a child’s resistance to dentists and dental procedures.
6. Never resort to bribing a child who is trying to resist a visit to the dentist.
7. Choose your child’s dentist wisely. Scout for a good pediatric dentist before bringing your child to his first dental appointment. Your dentist might be doing great works for you but this doesn’t mean he can do the same for your child. You should know that some dental clinics are more child-friendly than others. Pediatric dentists are especially skilled and trained at dealing with young patients.